"We Prevent Orphans"
One of our greatest joys is celebrating our graduates! “ Here are pictures of many of our graduates as well as many specific stories of their personal journey from hopelessness to empowerment!
Here is our Ethiopian Country Representative giving our recent graduates their graduation certificates!
We have an amazing in-Country Staff that works tirelessly to provide training and support for our families.
Family Code: – SMK-0009
Family Name: – Eskedar Gezachewthe
Eskedar is one of the 1st registered families to be adopted from Shashamene Mk church. This family has been identified as poorest of the poor, the mother with two fatherless children. Not only being adopted to the family sponsorship program but also she became one of the IGA participant by taking a loan of 601.4 without interest.
Her direct testimony
“I strongly believe that my thanks and gratefulness to my sponsoring family, will reach them as it is. You all know how my and my family’s life was very hard before IGA. It is a miracle, to get to the level I have now reached, Specially, having my own small business, making profit, acquiring the better skill, being a role model for others & leave the place for those who are lineup behind me waiting for the loan to do a business; the additional gift that is 3 months support I received on my graduation is more blessing it motivated me. Let God bless you, you are my real family.”
Family Coed: – BB-0004
Family Name: – Etabez Sira
Etabez is one of the 1st registered families to be adopted from BB Misgana church. She has a very small shop when she came to the program and she is the mother of one fatherless child. Not only being adapted to the family sponsorship program but also she became one of the IGA participants by taking a loan of 585.00 USD without interest.
Her direct testimony
“1st I would like you to send my thanks and gratefulness to my sponsoring family, as it is. You all know how my and my family’s life was very hard before IGA I was straggling to win bread for me and my child by working in a small trade with very minimum capital. It is a miracle, to get to the level I have now reached, Specially, having my own small business, making profit, acquiring the better skill, being a role model for others & leave the place for those who are lineup behind me waiting for the loan to do a business; the additional gift that is 3 months support I received on my graduation is more blessing it motivated me. Let God bless you, you are my real family.”
Family Coed: – BB-0022
Family Name: – Asnakech Shigute
Asnakech is one of the IGA graduates, who used to work as and Vegetable retailer at a very small scale. Who has been taking the loan of 599.60 USD hard worker manage to repay all her debts timely.
“If my adoptive family didn’t provide me such a wonderful opportunity of loan and business training which made me a successful business lady, I wouldn’t have come to this level of achievement. I fill something very good since I have expanded my very small business. I was afraid of taking a loan before the training and encouragement from the IGA workers. I was trained in how to do a small business, make savings and become profitable generally, how I could repay the loan and how to convert my time & labor in to money. And most of all I am very motivated with the three months additional support that I got on my graduation and I would like to say thanks to my adoptive family .”
- MK-0021 Birtukan Abdi Her direct testimony
- “I have been here in this Ministry for the last for years whereby I got many things; started to think about a bright future and I could strive for a better life. I wasn’t able to eat properly and no place I could use as a shelter, but now I do have many things after I joined this monthly support and IGA program. Let Glory be to God and I am very grateful for all what you (my sponsoring family) has done in my life, I could have a small shopping & at the same time living room; whereas my little adopted daughter could continue attending her school, having good lunch box with good food. I took a loan about 585 USD as startup capital but now I cleared my entire debts to IGA program. The special motivational three months gift on my graduation teaches my heart. I do have acquired lots of knowledge and many things in kind from IGA like;
- Birtukan Abdi is allowed to join this Ministry after candidate selection has been done from NMK church. When she came to the program she does have nothing to eat, to dink and even was challenged by not having the place where to pass the night with her little adopted daughter. Then after joined to this Ministry their life has been changed in many ways and the little daughter started her school. Not only was this but also IGA opportunity given to start her own small shopping business.
- Major Fixed Assets
- A small shop
- Big Refrigerator
- Potato slicing Machin for Chips preparation (Electrical)
- Uncountable business knowledge and skills on how to run business activity , money and time management and customer handling through IGA discussion, training given and guidance of Ministry.
- Truly I would like to thank you both my beloved sponsoring family and this Ministry for everything you did for me; I am on the right truck and striving for a better life with the greatest achievement and progress in life which is because of you.it my pleasure getting opportunity to thank and bless you in front of the church Leaders & Government delegates.”
- Mk-0032 YemisrachNigussie Her direct testimony
- “One thing all I know I feel safe and could laugh delightfully even though I do have bad pain from my family and what happened with my former-husband, that is because of Gods work through my beloved sponsoring family. You accepted me, stood beside me in many ways I was afraid of myself but you made me strong and confident to struggle for a better life .I got IGA opportunity and could have a small business with a startup capital about 581.1 USD. Now I cleared all my debts of IGA and graduated from this Ministry. I found many things from this Ministry and IGA program;
- Yemisrach is one of young NMK district family whom is left with two little boys after her divorce. She was not able to feed her sons properly and in many troubles. But after she joined this Ministry she does have changes in her life particularly when she got the opportunity to join IGA and own small business.
- Major Fixed Assets
- A small shop
- Uncountable business knowledge and skills on how to conduct business activity , money and time management and customer handling through IGA discussion, training given and guidance of Ministry.
- Strong passion, Love and care for my family particularly for my little two sons.
- At last I would like to bless you all for your mighty support and love you do have for us.
- Mk-0038 ShewaworkGirmaHer direct testimony
- “I gave him birth of three daughters and one son to my husband but he couldn’t manage the family because of his health status also my families are not willing to help us in anything for being born again in Christ Jesus. We were starved and have nothing on. After your acceptance and mighty support in many ways we do have a progressive change in our life and all children are attending their school. Also I got IGA opportunity and conducting my own business by taking a loan about 580 USD. Now I cleared all my debts from IGA and graduated from this ministry. I do have acquired lots of things from IGA like;
- Shewawork Girma is one of IGA graduate from NMK church who joined to this Ministry through candidate selection process like others. She has been supported in many ways and the children are able to start their school while Shewawork together with her husband Rozu could handle small shopping business.
- Major Fixed Assets
- A small but well organized shop
- Uncountable love and care for my family and protection and blessings through your prayer.
- Additional business knowledge and skills on customer handling, material utilization and business management in general. Finally I would like to thank and bless you all for what happen to my beloved family.”